Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Forgive a Trespasser

As I was walking my dogs the other morning I noticed that one of the grocery bags that I keep in my car was laying on the ground. I didn't think anything of it until I saw that my car had been broken into. Everything was strewn around, thrown in the backseat. I opened the trunk and realized that several items were missing. It was upsetting simply because it's uncomfortable to know that someone was in your space without your permission. Not only that but I had a lot of things in my car that were meaningful to me. Sadly for the thieves, there wasn't too much monetary worth to the things that they took.

This intrusion rattled me for several hours. I mulled over it as I took a walk in the cold. I started wondering if there was a reason for what had happened. I even evaluated my own actions to see if I had somehow brought something negative towards me. I was very tense as I realized that many of my personal belongings were now gone. Some were found by neighbors, discarded among the leaves in their yards. It was mostly uncomfortable to see my personal objects exposed to the world.

Upon further reflection, I decided that I was fortunate that the only things that were taken were objects. No one was hurt in the process and I am thankful for that. I make no excuses for the action of the individual or individuals who took part in this trespass but I decided to let it go.

I woke up this morning and thanked the universe for channeling the necessary wisdom that I required. I felt less tense and I was in better spirits. Desperation causes people to do a lot of things that are out of their character. I'm not sure what the thieves state of mind was but at this point it doesn't matter. What's done is done. In one final act of letting it all go I decided to write a letter to the person or persons who took from me.


1 comment:

  1. This could be the start of any number of interesting movie plots...

    ReplyDelete