Friday, November 29, 2013

Happiness By Choice

On any given day we are faced with choices. We choose the car that we buy, the route we take to work, the relationships we foster, the clothes that we wear and the food that we eat. There are so many decisions to make and we tend to make them one way or another. But did you ever think that being happy is a choice? Ushering in a sense of gratitude and consciously deciding to be happy is indeed a choice!

I wake up in the morning and repeat the word "happy" over and over again until a smile appears on my face. I could be miserable if I wanted to be. It's not hard. I could tell myself that I am not making enough money, that I am not pretty enough, that my relationships are failures, etc. but I choose not to do that. That is a route that I do not want to take because it only leads to unhappiness and misery.

Fostering happiness and making it a way of life requires a commitment to yourself, your ideals and your social network. You know what you want out of life and you can decide how you deal with unexpected setbacks. It's not just about finding happiness, it's about living happiness every day. I firmly believe that the journey is what makes us who we are.

If you are surrounded by constantly negative people then it will be difficult to find your happiness. Some people always criticize and some people never think anything or anyone is good enough for them. I have seen this type of mentality spread from one person in a group to the entire group! THAT is how powerful those words and ideas are! Cultivating a positive social network is extremely important and one way to continue on your journey of happiness.

Decide you want to be happy, decide that you are happy and surround yourself with people who want similar things.




No comments:

Post a Comment