Friday, November 8, 2013

The Elegant Fox

I took an early morning walk today and as the sun was filtering through the almost bare trees, I saw a small animal scurry through the brush. I stopped and looked at the animal and realized that it was a fox. I called out to it and it stopped in its tracks, turned around and majestically sat down upon a rock. For several moments we stared at each other. I was intoxicated by it's beautiful red fur, long, full tail and stunning facial features. I thought how outstanding nature is to give us such a variety of animals, trees and people to look at. The fox and I shared a few moments of silence between us and I smiled at it because I was so happy to have encountered this beautiful being before I continued my morning routine.

What I took away from this brief exchange was that you never know what the universe is going to bring to you. Expect the unexpected and don't be afraid of it. For me, it was a great way to start the crisp morning. It woke me up and I gave thanks to nature for providing such a magnificent animal. If only I could have gotten closer!!!

Today's lesson: revel in even the smallest of coincidences.
I found a beautiful red leaf mixed with large yellow ones and I was in awe. Yes, you too can be in awe of little things. Just give it a shot! It will make you a much more grateful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment