Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Low Energy Day

There are days when my energy levels are extremely low. I may have had a restful night but for some reason I wake up and I'm exhausted. There could be several reasons for this such as impending illness, lack of quality sleep, etc. Other times it just happens and we don't have a readily available reason. Here are a few techniques I use to pull me out of a low energy funk.

1) Turn on some fast paced music and do a little dance as I'm getting ready for work,
2) Hug a pup.
3) Sing a song.
4) Force myself to smile even when the frown seems to be plastered permanently on my face.
5) Take a spoonful of honey. This usually gives me a boost in energy if my blood sugar is too low.
6) Listen to a funny radio station.
7) Relax my body because it is usually tense at this point, which further depletes my energy.
10) Energy tapping! (I'll get in to this at a later time)
11) Eat warm, hearty foods. Sometimes we are just low on fuel.
12) Stretch often. Touch your toes and raise your hands to the air.
13) Try alternate nostril breathing. Use your thumb and forefinger to close one nostril while breathing in through the other nostril. Breathe deep, pause, then plug the other nostril and exhale. This is a brain balancing exercise. Repeat several times and then just breathe regularly.
14) I don't use caffeine to give me a boost but for some people that might work. Instead, I drink a whole lot of water. The first thing I do when I wake up is drink water and it has changed the way that I function throughout the day.
15) Stick to the citrus! Your body might need some good old fashioned Vitamin C. Bust out a lemon, grapefruit or orange. It will not only raise your immune system but it will also give you a natural boost.

Give these a shot the next time you feel like you are dragging through the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment