Friday, October 25, 2013

The Mystical Himalayan Salt Lamp

Several years ago I was drawn to a beautiful orange rock structure I found at a local store. It was a tea light holder and so I started collecting them every time I found one. Then I found a lamp version of the very same thing. I started buying the lamps for everyone I knew because I had learned that these beautiful rocks were actually Himalayan Salt Lamps.

Here’s a little history on the potent power of salt. For countless generations, salt has been used for many healing purposes including chronic congestion, breathing difficulties, allergies, asthma, sinus conditions and sore throat. Salt is known for its anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties and was also used to cure meat before refrigerators were invented. Himalayan salt has been said to be the most pollutant free form of salt on the planet!

You can find Himalayan Salt Lamps all over the Internet and at unique stores throughout the United States. Heating the salt lamp releases negative ions into the air, creating an effect similar to an ionizer, purifying the surrounding air. It attracts the humidity in the air which actually causes the surface of the lamp to become moist! This is totally true! I’ve felt it on so many occasions and am always baffled and amazed by how complex our beautiful planet is!

It is also said that if you keep the lamp on, it will help get rid of the effects of electronic air pollution. Most of us are surrounded by electronics on a daily basis. I work on a computer all day, use my cell phone, watch TV, etc. These electronic devices are said to disperse charged ions also known as positive ions while the salt lamp gives off negative ions to help counteract the effects of positively charged ions. Too much exposure to positively charged ions can cause nervousness, stress, sleep problems, trouble concentrating and even an increase of free radical accumulation in the body. It’s ideal to have one of these lamps on where there is a lot of electronic air pollution. I’m considering getting one for the office!

I use mine because it is supposed to be a natural air purifier and leaving it on throughout the night allows for it to emanate a gentle, soothing glow as well as keep my sinuses clear. There isn’t much research about all the benefits surrounding this amazing salt but I’ve been using mine for years and I always feel like the air in my room is clean and contaminate free. I wake up in the morning without the typical sinus issues when I leave the light on overnight. Not only that but I feel calmer with it on and the people around me who have used the lamps and tea lights have said similar things.


The earth provides us with everything. Truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment