Friday, March 28, 2014

Office Feng Shui

I've been doing a lot of research on how to make my office space less dreary and more energetic. The office that I work in is filled with lots of different personalities and energy. Sometimes the energy is overwhelming and causes me to lose focus. At times, I step out of the office just to breathe and close my eyes for a few moments. It helps me clear my mind before I enter the hectic environment again. 

Recently, I have been changing my surroundings to better represent my personality and to allow for the good energy to flow around me. Here are a few ideas that I have found that can help make your office or cube more amenable to free flowing energy.

1) Buy a low maintenance plant. Not only will it help brighten up the place but it will also help purify the air. A few plants that need very little light include the Areca Palm, Peppermint, English Ivy, Lemon Balm, Golden Pothos, and Gardenia. There are several other plants that will work as well but these are a few that I personally like and have the potential to make the space fragrant.

2) Surround yourself with pictures. I know that most of us have photos on our phones and some think it is a waste of time to frame and display photos. I couldn't disagree more. My home is surrounded with pictures in lovely frames and each time I glance at them, I smile.  Having such a photo in your office space will remind you of a good time even if you're having a bad day.

3) Do you have a favorite quote or song? Put it up on your wall or tape a post it to your monitor. I have a gratitude list and I see it everyday. I like to change up the quotes from time to time. It all just depends on my mood but I always keep it lighthearted. 

4) Add some color to your space. Sometimes we don't have a whole lot of space but I make it a point to use colored folders and colorful office supplies. Everything always being white, beige and black doesn't invigorate me. Color it up!

5) Keep your space organized. Disorganization doesn't allow the brain to be able to focus on one task as easily as it could. I try to keep my space clutter free and before I leave every night I make neat piles and to do lists.

6) TO DO LIST! I do LOVE these! I prefer using colored pens on colored paper and creating lists of things that must be done. There is deep satisfaction in crossing off something from a list. Sigh! Beautiful!

7) Desk fountain. Depending on your work environment and space it could be possible to have a mini water fountain running in the background. Not only is the sound pristine but it also helps drown out unnecessary noises. 

8) Himalayan salt lamp. OK so the absolute fabulous thing about these are that they can be left on without any issue. Not only that but they have started making some that have USB plugs to connect right to your computer! How amazing is that? These will help to purify the air around you and they have a warm orange glow that soothes. 

There are a lot more suggestions and ideas out there. I will keep posting as they come to me. 

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment