Thursday, August 21, 2014

We Knew No Fear



You found me on the most bitter cold day of the year.
Head throbbing, I blinked five times to see you.
Focus, but my stomach is in knots, I stumble.
Your electricity picked me up from the pavement,
Shaking, I took a breath and found that the air, the world, it was all you.
I held your eyes with mine and elated I wept.
You were an apparition, a ghost of a most alluring dream sent to me.
I knew you once before and under the sun we blinded all who dared look.
Envy did not exist before we came together.
Herbs and angels manifested simply for us.
I held your hand to my chest and adored you.
The wind whirled, lifting colors, floating we knew no fear.
The incarnation that was sacred, lacking in reticence.
I was there to hold your hand as the sun set simply so I would be forced to sleep.
For it's true, I couldn't keep my eyes off of you and even in the darkness I knew every line of your face.
My eyes closed, peace abound, sighing I slumbered.
The mist has fallen but I feel your breath on my nape.
You are immortal, my eyes failed to see what my soul was trying to reveal.
I still feel the familiar ache, my spirit pulls from my skin desperate to find you.
To be whole, to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment